In the background

I think I'm evolving. Not in the Darwin kind of way, but in the scrapbooker kind of way. I notice little things I do differently on my pages. For example, I've started to gravitate toward patterned backgrounds instead of plain cardstock. And even when I start with plain cardstock as a base, I have this innate need to do something to it -- mist it, stamp it, rough it up a bit -- before the layers start going down.

Case in point:



I started with french vanilla cardstock as a base, but I wanted a subtle background. So I used Versamark ink to stamp the medallion image as border for the rest of the elements.




It's subtle...maybe a little too subtle because it's hard to see in the photos. This is one that looks a lot prettier in real life.

In other news, I found out this morning that my layout "She" is featured on the Ormolu blog today! Check it out here.


2 comments:

Court said...

This is SOOOO pretty Robyn!!! Truly gorgeous.

Tracy said...

Your layout is gorgeous.

Post a Comment